I’m on a Whole30 recipe kick lately… guess it stems from being elbow-deep in a Whole30 myself.
I bought ground lamb from Oulton’s Farm a few weeks ago and concocted these little burgers with it. It’s nice to have a change from a normal burger sometimes, especially since you can put such fun flavours with lamb and somehow it just works.
1 lb ground lamb
1/2 onion, diced
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1 yellow zucchini, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 tsp paprika
3 large dill pickles
2 tbsp capers
6 bacon strips, sliced in half and cooked
3 cups of greens of choice
Garlic Tomato Sauce (optional)
1. Mix together lamb, onion, and spices, and form into 6 patties.
2. Fire up the BBQ and cook the patties until done.
3. Meanwhile, saute the zucchini and onion with paprika, sea salt, and pepper.
4. Chop up the dill pickles and mix with the capers.
5. Toss the greens and zucchini/onion mix. Place the burger on the “bed”, then top with garlic tomato sauce, bacon, and relish.
Seriously, they are GOOD.